Smart Load Switches
Vishay's smart load switches offer quick output discharge and small solution size
When switches are used to turn loads on and off, often external circuitry is needed to achieve desired functions. The Vishay smart load switch combines all this functionality in a single IC. As the features of this IC, a simplified GPIO control can be used to implement power distribution and sequencing of multiple-sub-systems. Slew-rate control load switches provide a controlled supply ramp, reducing inrush current.
The output node has a defined decay with quick output discharge and does not leave the node floating. Fault protection and isolation load switches can have integrated protection features such as reverse-current, over-temperature, current-limiting, and short-circuit, thus increasing robustness. Integrated load switches use significantly less PCB area compared to a discrete implementation, and reduced BOM count translates to lower-manufacturing costs.
- Low-voltage GPIO enable
- Slew rate control
- Quick-output discharge
- Fault protection and isolation
- Small-solution size
Power Distribution and Sequencing:
- In many applications, there is a repetition of power rails of the same voltage. Instead of using multiple DC-DC converters to generate same voltage rails, load switches can be used to distribute the power from the DC-DC converter and sequence it in the appropriate order, reducing the board space required.
Slew Rate Control:
- Core voltages should ramp up monotonically for FPGAs and other similar loads to exhibit desired behavior. A high inrush current can cause the supply voltage to dip. With a controlled slew rate at the output, load switches reduce inrush current and hence, reduce input supply voltage dip.
- In battery applications, not all functions are active at the same time. For instance, when a function like the GPS is not being used, the RFPA for the satellite receiver and the applications co-processor could be turned off to save power.
- Smartphones and tablets
- Digital still/video cameras
- Portable meters and test instruments
- Communication devices with embedded batteries
- Portable medical and healthcare systems
- Data storage
Smart Load Switches
|Image||Manufacturer Part Number||Description||Available Quantity|
|SIP32402ADNP-T1GE4||IC PWR SWITCH N-CHAN 1:1 4TDFN||191420 - Immediate||View Details|
|SIP32455DB-T2-GE1||IC PWR SWITCH N-CHAN 1:1 4WCSP||2961 - Immediate||View Details|
|SIP32408DNP-T1-GE4||IC PWR SWITCH N-CHAN 1:1 4TDFN||0||View Details|
|SIP32411DNP-T1-GE4||IC PWR SWITCH N-CHAN 1:1 4TDFN||0||View Details|
|SIP32462DB-T2-GE1||IC PWR SWITCH N-CHAN 1:1 4WCSP||0||View Details|
|SIP32419DN-T1-GE4||IC PWR SWITCH P-CHAN 1:1 10DFN||3437 - Immediate||View Details|
|SIP32461DB-T2-GE1||IC PWR SWITCH N-CHAN 1:1 4WCSP||147 - Immediate||View Details|
|SIP32416DNP-T1-GE4||IC PWR SWITCH N-CHAN 1:1 8TDFN||0||View Details|
|SIP32414DNP-T1-GE4||IC PWR SWITCH N-CHAN 1:1 8TDFN||0||View Details|
|SIP32409DNP-T1-GE4||IC PWR SWITCH N-CHAN 1:1 4TDFN||0||View Details|