SMT Low Profile PTC Resettable Fuses
Bel Fuse offers PTC fuses with an added resettable feature in low-profile, SMT packages
Bel Fuse's unique polymer formulation positive temperature coefficient (PTC) devices offer circuit protection with an added resettable feature in low-profile, SMT packages. Similar to Bel's extensive line of traditional fuse products, the resettable fuses protect against harmful over-current and short-circuit conditions. However, the PTC devices can also be used to protect against over-temperature conditions not necessarily caused by excessive current. Bel's PTC devices will reset after power to the circuit is removed, the fault is cleared, and power is reapplied to the circuit. This resetability protects electronic equipment, which remains fully functional, and eliminates the need for service personnel to physically replace a fuse.
PTC devices are used in a wide variety of industrial, computer, battery, consumer electronics, and telecom and automotive applications where they help protect valuable electronic systems and reduce warranty and services costs.
- Voltage rating range: 6 VDC to 60 VDC
- IHold amp range: 50 mA to 5 A
- IR process: JEDEC J-Std-020 (260°C, 40 sec. max.)
- Safety agency approvals: UL, TUV
- Operating temperature: -40°C to +85°C
- SMT, case sizes 0603 through 2920
- RoHS 6 / REACH SVHC 144 compliant
- Tape-and-reel auto-insertable