G6K(U)-2F(P)-RF(-S, -T) Surface-mounting High-frequency Relay
●For general precautions on PCB Relays, refer to the precautions provided in General Information of the Relay Product
• Use the Relay as soon as possible after opening the
moistureproof package. (As a guideline, use the Relay within
one week at 30°C or less and 60% RH or less.) If the Relay is
left for a long time after opening the moisture-proof package,
the appearance may suffer and seal failure may occur after the
solder mounting process. To store the Relay after opening the
moisture-proof package, place it into the original package and
seal the package with adhesive tape.
• When washing the product after soldering the Relay to a PCB,
use a water-based solvent or alcohol-based solvent and keep
the solvent temperature to less than 40°C. Do not put the
Relay in a cold cleaning bath immediately after soldering.
●Environmental Conditions for Usage, Storage, and
• Avoid direct sunlight when using, storing, or transporting the
Relay and maintain normal temperature, humidity, and
●Long-term, Continuous ON Contacts
• Using the Relay in a circuit where the Relay will be ON continuously
for long periods (rather than switching) can lead to unstable contacts
because the heat generated by the coil itself will affect the insulation
and can cause a film to develop on the contact surfaces. We
recommend using a latching relay (magnetic-holding relay) in this
kind of circuit. If a single-side stable model must be used in this kind
of circuit, we recommend adding fail-safe circuits in case the contact
fails or the coil burns out.
●Claw Securing Force During Automatic Mounting
• During automatic insertion of Relays, be sure to set the
securing force of each claw to the following so that the Relay’s
characteristics will be maintained.
Secure the claws to the shaded area. Do not attach them to the center of
the Relay or just one part of the Relay.
• Do not use silicone coating to coat the Relay when it is
mounted to the PCB. Do not wash the PCB after the Relay is
mounted using detergent containing silicone. Otherwise, the
detergent may remain on the surface of the Relay.
• Contact your OMRON representative if the Relay will be used
in an application that requires high repeatability in
high-frequency characteristics for the microload region. (Such
applications include testing and measurement equipment and
●About use of an IC socket.
• When using IC sockets, select IC sockets by confirming that
the sockets Rated/Spec./Characteristics are within the range
of using condition.
Also, confirm whether there is any problem of electric
capability or plug insertion or not with actual using condition.
• The dotted line below on the surface of relay is connected with
a metal case (ground).
So confirm the actual influence of insulation and signal
characteristics when designing.
Direction A: 1.96 N max.
Direction B: 4.90 N max.
Direction C: 1.96 N max.
The dotted line is connected
with a ground terminal.
• Application examples provided in this document are for reference only. In actual applications, confirm equipment functions and safety before using the product.
• Consult your OMRON representative before using the product under conditions which are not described in the manual or applying the product to nuclear control systems, railroad
systems, aviation systems, vehicles, combustion systems, medical equipment, amusement machines, safety equipment, and other systems or equipment that may have a serious
influence on lives and property if used improperly. Make sure that the ratings and performance characteristics of the product provide a margin of safety for the system or
equipment, and be sure to provide the system or equipment with double safety mechanisms.
Electronic and Mechanical Components Company Contact: www.omron.com/ecb Cat. No. K242-E1-07
Note: Do not use this document to operate the Unit.